候選人必須擅長謹慎、嚴格、正確，同時又有活力、密切結合生活的釋經原則；具備扎實的組織能力和屬靈的領導能力; 具備實際門徒訓練的經驗; 能夠善於牧養教會。候選人必須能夠與本教會的帶職事奉的負責同工有效合作。候選人必須了解當代的屬靈挑戰和會眾需求，並建立相應有效的事工。
職責細則 - 必備條件
· 願意並遵守波士頓郊區華人聖經教會的教會憲章，包括教會的教義和組織結構 (https://www.cbcgb.org/resources/document/by-law)
· 願意接受並履行波士頓郊區華人聖經教會有關靈恩運動的聲明 ( https://www.cbcgb.org/sites/default/files/document/cbcgb/others/policy%2...)
· 有至少10年的講台事工經驗, 並在教導中顯明福音派的信息
· 有在小型和大型聚會教導的經驗 品格要求
Senior Pastor Search - CBCGB Lexington, Massachusetts
The Chinese Bible Church of Greater Boston (CBCGB) is seeking a Senior Pastor to spiritually guide and lead the church towards its vision.
Please Send Resume to email@example.com
The Chinese Bible Church of Greater Boston (CBCGB) is a non-denominational, evangelical church dedicated to bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to unreached communities both near and far, through worship, teaching, missions, community engagement, and discipleship training.
Founded nearly 50 years ago by a group of Chinese immigrants in a house church, CBCGB now serves over 1,400 multicultural worshippers weekly. The church holds multiple services across multiple campuses in greater Boston, including Chinese-speaking and English-speaking congregations. The primary campus in Lexington has high-quality, well-maintained, well-equipped facilities and is in the process of significant expansion.
Church Vision and Mission
Guided by Matthew 28:19, CBCGB’s vision is: “To see every person become a disciple of Christ, across all cultures, from east to west, from Greater Boston to the world.” Elaborating on this vision, our mission is: “To bring people across all cultures together in Christ to inspire, disciple and send them to be global disciple makers”. CBCGB is committed to the sending and training of missionaries globally to reach unreached communities and plant churches. Past missionaries have included pastors, elders, deacons, and members of all dispositions and backgrounds. Locally, CBCGB has planted three independent churches in greater Boston.
CBCGB is governed by the Board of Elders (BoE), of which the Senior Pastor is a member. The Board of Deacons manages the church’s finances and property. The church has over 30 thriving ministries. Major categories include Chinese Ministry (Chinese-speaking), Cross Bridge (English-speaking), Youth Ministry, Junior Ministry, Children/Kids Ministry. Within these categories, there are fellowships, musical worship groups, Sunday schools, discipleship training groups, love and care ministries, and local outreach programs.
CBCGB has two main campuses. The primary is in the town of Lexington, and the other, City Outreach Ministry, is in downtown Boston. Both have vibrant, loving, Bible-teaching ministries that consist of families across multiple generations and cultures, working professionals across many fields, and students from elementary to post-graduate levels across many schools and universities.
CBCGB has been blessed by God with generations of pastors since it was established. Each has had a unique opportunity to further the mission of the church through various stages of growth. Currently, we are looking for a Senior Pastor who shares our vision and can drive ongoing strategic planning, lead our current and incoming generation of pastors and elders, shepherd both the Chinese congregation and our newly branded English-speaking congregation, devise strategies for reaching the increasing number of Chinese immigrants of various ages and backgrounds, and help develop any new ministry areas that our Lord may bring to us.
To guide the whole church towards its vision, the Senior Pastor serves as the spiritual leader across all ministries. As a member of the Board of Elders, the Senior Pastor is expected to motivate coworkers in all ministries, and supervise pastoral and administrative staff. The Senior Pastor will primarily preach in the Chinese congregation, while being able and willing to preach in the English congregation periodically. In addition, the Senior Pastor is expected to unify various ministries to establish a healthy and effective Christ-centered culture throughout our church.
A successful candidate must be skilled in exegetical, expository, dynamic, and relevant preaching; have strong organizational and spiritual leadership; be experienced in practical discipleship training; and be able to perform pastoral care. The candidate must be able to collaborate with all layers of CBCGB church leadership. The candidate must understand modern spiritual challenges and the needs of congregants, and be able to effectively minister to those challenges and needs.
OFFICIAL JOB DESCRIPTION: Required Qualifications
1. Doctrine and Direction
· Agrees with the statement of faith of CBCGB (https://www.cbcgb.org/aboutus/statement-faith)
· Agrees with the vision statement and mission statement of CBCGB (https://www.cbcgb.org/aboutus/vision)
· Is willing and able to adhere to the bylaws of CBCGB (https://www.cbcgb.org/resources/document/by-law), including doctrinal statement and overall church organizational structure
· Is willing to accept the practice stated in the CBCGB charismatic statement (https://www.cbcgb.org/sites/default/files/document/cbcgb/others/policy%2...)
2. Professional Background
· Has at least 10 years’ experience in pulpit ministry, with demonstrated practice in evangelistic teachings
· Has at least 3 years of experience pastoring in (Mandarin) Chinese and English congregations
· Possesses a Master's Degree or higher from a seminary Professional Skills
· Is an effective and dynamic speaker, with the demonstrated ability to preach inspirational, exegetically accurate sermons from the Bible
· Has experience in mentoring and discipleship training, pastoral care, and shepherding, across different demographics
· Collaborates well with pastoral staff and lay leaders
· Works effectively with different congregations, demographics, and organizations
· Has experience in teaching both small and large groups
· Demonstrates a clear calling to pastoring
· Leads by example as a humble servant leader
· Demonstrates Christian living and service without reproach
· Is respectful of the variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds of congregants
· Meets elder qualifications as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9
4. Preferred Qualifications
· Has led, or been in senior leadership, for congregations of at least 500 regular congregants
· Has experience in a senior leadership position as part of an organization of pastoral staff and lay leaders
· Has experience preaching across different demographics and cultures
· Has experience driving vision and strategy for achieving short, medium, and long term goals
· Has hands-on experience creating and driving initiatives and ministries
· Is passionate about missions
· Has experience engaging with the local community and other local churches
CBCGB is committed to equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants.